- Address: 230 S. Dearborn St.Chicago, IL 60604
- GPS: 41.8784844,-87.6297798
- Phone: 312-292-4912, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-illinois
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Chicago like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Chicago accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
All public visitors are required to walk through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment. Entry without an ID is not allowed.
All public visitors need to make appointments with the IRS Office prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Public parking facilities are not available. However, metered parking streets are very close to the building. Also, many commercial parking lots operate in the area. Parking pricing in this area is very expensive!
Popular questions at Chicago, 60604
If you want to know how much you owe the IRS, you could do this by using any of the four methods mentioned below.
- By using the IRS only platform at IRS.gov
- By giving the IRS a call
- Mailing the IRS and
- Talking to a tax debt professional.
There is no official date when the IRS will commence acceptance of your e-file tax returns, but from research findings from large taxpayers, it is proposed to be around 25th January 2021.
For your mail-in paper tax return IRS will start accepting as early as January 1st, 2021. The deadline for filing the tax return for the year 2020 will be Wednesday, April 15th, 2021.
An easy and reliable way to pay for your IRS taxes is by logging into IRS.gov and using the PAYMENT tools and choosing the desired payment option that best suits you.
When you are being audited by the IRS you should expect a period of averagely three years back as this is routine. in cases of overstatement basis of tax or omission of foreign income tax return greater than $5000 the IRS is usually at will to audit you as far back as 6 years and they also can audit you as far back as they wish in cases of fraudulent activities.
To talk to someone at the IRS you can dial in on their line 1-800-829-1040 and follow the command prompt.