- Address: 115 Fourth Ave. S.E.Aberdeen, SD 57401
- GPS: 45.4616312,-98.4857808
- Phone: 605-377-1649, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-south-dakota
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Aberdeen like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Aberdeen accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802501 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802502 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2502|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802501 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0052||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802503 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2503|
All federal buildings have beefed up security measures. All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment prior to visiting, by calling the numbers provided above.
Popular questions at Aberdeen, 57401
To check for your IRS refund you’ll need your social security number(SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), your filing status, and your exact refund amount. You need to input this information into MY REFUND TOOL on the IRS.gov site or the IRSGo mobile app. It is usually updated every 24 hours.
You need to call within their working hours (7 am-7 pm) on any working day from Monday – Friday with exclusions to holiday periods. You should have your social security number or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), your marital status, and know certain information that’s personal to your account to help you through the verification process. Then call the IRS number on 1-800-829-1040 and follow the command prompts till you get through to a live agent.
The audit process of the IRS on your tax return largely varies. It is dependent on your availability for meetings, your response to the information requested, the reason you are being audited, the type of audit, and whether you agree or disagree with their findings.
Irrespective of how early you file your tax return from the year 2020, the IRS will not commence processing until January 25th, 2021. Your tax refunds will also go through the standard processing time for e-filed tax returns of about 21days and also about 12 weeks for mailed-in paper tax returns.
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
- By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN, or EIN.