- Address: 825 E. Rundberg Ln.Austin, TX 78753
- GPS: 30.3567298,-97.6868617
- Phone: 512-499-5127, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-texas
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:00 - 12:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:00 - 12:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:00 - 12:00 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:00 - 12:00 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 11:00 - 12:00 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Austin like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Austin accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1214 Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1214 Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1302 Charlotte, NC 28201-1302|
Security is enforced at most federal offices. You may have to pass through a metal detector, and your bags will go through an x-ray search.
Parking is available in the Rundberg Square parking lot. Parking here can a bit difficult. Most of the long-term parking is restricted to employees only so be prepared to walk a little.
Popular questions at Austin, 78753
For you to contact the IRS by phone you can call them on 1-800-829-1040, also you can call any of their specific numbers for a more tailored experience.
The IRS will start your payment of stimulus check beginning from April, you’ll only benefit from this first group if you are a taxpayer with a direct deposit for your bank account filed with the IRS.
If you are among the second wave of people who will receive the stimulus check you must provide your direct banking account go to the IRS by using the GET PAYMENT TOOL and it will be received during the latter part of April.
If you belong to the category of adult social security retirement, survivor, and disability insurance you do not need to file for a stimulus check as you’ll automatically receive a direct bank deposit around the end of April.
It depends on the means which you used to file for a refund.
- E-Filed: When you file for a tax refund electronically with a direct deposit, your refund will be processed within 21days of the IRS e-file acceptance.
- Mailed by paper: This process is slightly longer as it is between 6-8 weeks from the time date your tax return was received by the IRS.
For your payments, the IRS now deposits within any business day of the week i.e. Monday through to Friday (except on holidays).
If you have already filed your tax return the IRS will start its processing in the order with which they have been filed.