- Address: 2425 Northpark Dr.Columbus, IN 47203
- GPS: 39.2314305,-85.8960277
- Phone: 812-379-7400, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-indiana
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12 noon - 1 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12 noon - 1 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12 noon - 1 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12 noon - 1 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12 noon - 1 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Columbus like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Columbus accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
This office offers on-premises public parking facility for the visitors.
Popular questions at Columbus, 47203
When will IRS mail stimulus checks?
You can expect to receive your second stimulus check a week after it is made law by Congress which is proposed to be around January 15, 2021.
How do I get a person on the phone at IRS?
You need to call within their working hours (7 am-7 pm) on any working day from Monday – Friday with exclusions to holiday periods. You should have your social security number or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), your marital status, and know certain information that’s personal to your account to help you through the verification process. Then call the IRS number on 1-800-829-1040 and follow the command prompts till you get through to a live agent.
How to check if I owe the IRS?
You can check if you owe the IRS when you view your account on IRS.gov. or file your tax return or by outing a call through to the IRS on 1-800-829-1040.
When is the IRS accepting tax returns?
There is no official date when the IRS will commence acceptance of your e-file tax returns, but from research findings from large taxpayers, it is proposed to be around 25th January 2021.
For your mail-in paper tax return IRS will start accepting as early as January 1st, 2021. The deadline for filing the tax return for the year 2020 will be Wednesday, April 15th, 2021.
How to change address with the IRS?
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
- By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN, or EIN.