- Address: 3251 N. Evergreen Dr. N.E.Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- GPS: 43.020141,-85.5872671
- Phone: 616-365-4700, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-michigan
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Grand Rapids like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Grand Rapids accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802501 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802502 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2502|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802501 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802503 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2503|
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required to confirm appointment and identity.
All public visitors are required to take appointment prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
This location provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this place.
Popular questions at Grand Rapids, 49525
When you submit your tax return using the e-file option it takes about 24-48 hours to get a “Refund received” status and about 21 days to get a “Return approved” status. For returns filed by paper mail, you get a “Return received” status in about 4 weeks and a “Return approved” status within 6-8 weeks.
There is no official date when the IRS will commence acceptance of your e-file tax returns, but from research findings from large taxpayers, it is proposed to be around 25th January 2021.
For your mail-in paper tax return IRS will start accepting as early as January 1st, 2021. The deadline for filing the tax return for the year 2020 will be Wednesday, April 15th, 2021.
If you want to know how much you owe the IRS, you could do this by using any of the four methods mentioned below.
- By using the IRS only platform at IRS.gov
- By giving the IRS a call
- Mailing the IRS and
- Talking to a tax debt professional.
If you don’t pay your tax you are likely to face two different penalties based on the reason why you failed to pay them. When you fail to file your tax you get a penalty of 5% interest on the omitted tax for each month the tax is due up to 25% in total. When you file them but fail to pay them you face a penalty of 0.5% of the due amount for every month your tax is due.
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN or EIN.