- Address: 135 High St.Hartford, CT 06103
- GPS: 41.7701344,-72.6803424
- Phone: 860-594-9200, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-connecticut
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Hartford like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Hartford accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
All public visitors are required to pass through multiple electronic security equipment checkpoints. Presenting a government issued valid ID is mandatory for gaining access to the Federal Building, and the confirmation of appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
On-premises parking will not be easy to avail for the IRS visitors to this Federal Building. Metered parking streets are nearby. Commercial parking lots/garages are available within walking distance, e.g. Church Street Garage, Hooper Lot, Red Roof Inn Lot, Metro Center Garage, Saints Parking Lot etc.
Popular questions at Hartford, 6103
If you want to know how much you owe the IRS, you could do this by using any of the four methods mentioned below.
- By using the IRS only platform at IRS.gov
- By giving the IRS a call
- Mailing the IRS and
- Talking to a tax debt professional.
The IRS will update your refund status to a “RETURN RECEIVED” when they begin processing your tax return. Also, when your return has been approved your status will be changed to a “RETURN APPROVED” status.
The audit process of the IRS on your tax return largely varies. It is dependent on your availability for meetings, your response to the information requested, the reason you are being audited, the type of audit, and whether you agree or disagree with their findings.
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
- By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN, or EIN.
The IRS will start your payment of stimulus check beginning from April, you’ll only benefit from this first group if you are a taxpayer with a direct deposit for your bank account filed with the IRS.
If you are among the second wave of people who will receive the stimulus check you must provide your direct banking account go to the IRS by using the GET PAYMENT TOOL and it will be received during the latter part of April.
If you belong to the category of adult social security retirement, survivor, and disability insurance you do not need to file for a stimulus check as you’ll automatically receive a direct bank deposit around the end of April.