- Address: 402 S. Main St.Joplin, MO 64801
- GPS: 37.0874251,-94.5135766
- Phone: 417-206-5052
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-missouri
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Joplin like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Joplin accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999 – 0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999 – 0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
All public visitors must pass through several stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is mandatory for gaining access to the building and confirmation of appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
On-premises parking on this building is not generally offered for the public visitors. However, metered parking streets are just adjacent to the building and there are public parking facility at the Joplin Public Library across the street.
Popular questions at Joplin, 64801
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
- By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN, or EIN.
You need to call within their working hours (7 am-7 pm) on any working day from Monday – Friday with exclusions to holiday periods. You should have your social security number or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), your marital status, and know certain information that’s personal to your account to help you through the verification process. Then call the IRS number on 1-800-829-1040 and follow the command prompts till you get through to a live agent.
You can now easily update your direct deposit using the GET MY PAYMENT tool on the IRS website, all you need is your account number and your bank routing number.
You must first understand that this differs from one state to another and it is determined by the type of form you intend to file. You should log into IRS.gov click on FILE then INDIVIDUAL then WHERE TO FILE, then you will be provided with a list of states then choose your preferred location, and also be provided with the appropriate location based on your form type.
If you have already filed your tax return the IRS will start its processing in the order with which they have been filed.