- Address: 2681 Palmer St.Missoula, MT 59808
- GPS: 46.8868333,-114.0309654
- Phone: 406-728-9127, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-montana
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Missoula like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Missoula accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802501 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802502 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2502|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802501 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802503 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2503|
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment and security screening procedures. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
This office provides public parking facility for the employees and visitors to this office. Commercial parking arrangements are also available within walking distance.
Popular questions at Missoula, 59808
To check for your IRS refund you’ll need your social security number(SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), your filing status, and your exact refund amount. You need to input this information into MY REFUND TOOL on the IRS.gov site or the IRSGo mobile app. It is usually updated every 24 hours.
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN or EIN.
You should go to IRS.gov and click on the view payment toll. This process is totally free and you can also view other payment histories as far back as 18 months.
If you don’t pay your tax you are likely to face two different penalties based on the reason why you failed to pay them. When you fail to file your tax you get a penalty of 5% interest on the omitted tax for each month the tax is due up to 25% in total. When you file them but fail to pay them you face a penalty of 0.5% of the due amount for every month your tax is due.
To get the stimulus check you need to visit the IRS.gov site and click on GET MY PAYMENT. Using this tool as a tax filer will require you to verify your identity by answering some security questions. For non-tax filers, click on the ENTER PAYMENT INFO HERE Tool to register for payment and you can check your payment status using your GET MY PAYMENT TOOL. Finally, if you are a recipient of SSA-1O9, RRB-1099, or VA benefits you are not required to fill any form of registration, just click on the GET PAYMENT TOOL.