- Address: 6717 Shawnee MissionPkwyOverland Park, KS 66202
- GPS: 39.0142853,-94.6643871
- Phone: 816-966-2840, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-kansas
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 -1:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 -1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 -1:30 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 -1:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 -1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Overland Park like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Overland Park accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802501 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802502 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2502|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802501 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 802503 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2503|
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and security.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the numbers provided above.
This office offers on-premises public parking facility for the IRS visitors.
Popular questions at Overland Park, 66202
You can expect to receive your second stimulus check a week after it is made law by Congress which is proposed to be around January 15, 2021.
The IRS can audit you as far back as 3 years after you file your tax return as it happens in most situations. On other occasions, you can be audited by the IRS as far back as possible especially when you file in or are fraudulent with your tax returns. In situations where there are basis overstatements or omission of more than $5,000 in your overseas income, the IRS is allowed to audit you as far back as 6 years.
When you submit your tax return using the e-file option it takes about 24-48 hours to get a “Refund received” status and about 21 days to get a “Return approved” status. For returns filed by paper mail, you get a “Return received” status in about 4 weeks and a “Return approved” status within 6-8 weeks.
There is no official date when the IRS will commence acceptance of your e-file tax returns, but from research findings from large taxpayers, it is proposed to be around 25th January 2021.
For your mail-in paper tax return IRS will start accepting as early as January 1st, 2021. The deadline for filing the tax return for the year 2020 will be Wednesday, April 15th, 2021.
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
- By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN, or EIN.