- Address: 1600 N. Coalter St.Staunton, VA 24401
- GPS: 38.1683467,-79.0522791
- Phone: 540-609-6058, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-virginia
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Staunton like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Staunton accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
This office provides a wide-open public parking facility for the visitors to this compound.
Popular questions at Staunton, 24401
The time it takes the IRS to audit you depends on the type of audit among other factors. For mail audit it is usually wrapped up within 3-6 months, office audits also last within 3-6 months while field audits the longest for about a year.
You must first understand that this differs from one state to another and it is determined by the type of form you intend to file. You should log into IRS.gov click on FILE then INDIVIDUAL then WHERE TO FILE, then you will be provided with a list of states then choose your preferred location, and also be provided with the appropriate location based on your form type.
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN or EIN.
If you have already filed your tax return the IRS will start its processing in the order with which they have been filed.
The IRS will start your payment of stimulus check beginning from April, you’ll only benefit from this first group if you are a taxpayer with a direct deposit for your bank account filed with the IRS.
If you are among the second wave of people who will receive the stimulus check you must provide your direct banking account go to the IRS by using the GET PAYMENT TOOL and it will be received during the latter part of April.
If you belong to the category of adult social security retirement, survivor, and disability insurance you do not need to file for a stimulus check as you’ll automatically receive a direct bank deposit around the end of April.