- Address: 7 North Wilkes-Barre Blvd.Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
- GPS: 41.2419173,-75.8773265
- Phone: 570-821-4076, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-pennsylvania
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Wilkes-Barre like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Wilkes-Barre accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
Popular questions at Wilkes-Barre, 18702
You can now easily update your direct deposit using the GET MY PAYMENT tool on the IRS website, all you need is your account number and your bank routing number.
Once you are logged into the IRS website using IRS.gov you can click on the PAYMENT tool and you’ll be giving a list of payment options which includes Bank payment (Direct pay), and Debit card or credit card options.
When you change your business location you can also do this with the IRS with the use of form 882-B. You can also use this form when changing your mailing address or the parties responsible for your business.
It depends on the means which you used to file for a refund.
- E-Filed: When you file for a tax refund electronically with a direct deposit, your refund will be processed within 21days of the IRS e-file acceptance.
- Mailed by paper: This process is slightly longer as it is between 6-8 weeks from the time date your tax return was received by the IRS.
The IRS will start your payment of stimulus check beginning from April, you’ll only benefit from this first group if you are a taxpayer with a direct deposit for your bank account filed with the IRS.
If you are among the second wave of people who will receive the stimulus check you must provide your direct banking account go to the IRS by using the GET PAYMENT TOOL and it will be received during the latter part of April.
If you belong to the category of adult social security retirement, survivor, and disability insurance you do not need to file for a stimulus check as you’ll automatically receive a direct bank deposit around the end of April.