- Address: 4400 Leeds Ave North Charleston, SC 29405
- GPS: 32.8446617,-80.0223146
- Phone: 843-566-0209, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-south-carolina
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Charleston like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Charleston accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1214 Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1214 Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1302 Charlotte, NC 28201-1302|
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
This office provides public/private parking facility for the visitors and employees. Commercial parking lots/garages are also available within walking distance.
Popular questions at Charleston, 29405
The fastest way to check for your refund status is to use the where’s My Refund tool on IRS.gov or by using the IRSGo mobile app. It is the fastest way to check and track your tax refund processing and payment.
Alternatively, you can call the IRS live call assistant which is usually limited due to the lack of staff and resulting long waiting period, or you can use the phone automated system and follow the message prompts.
It depends on the means which you used to file for a refund.
- E-Filed: When you file for a tax refund electronically with a direct deposit, your refund will be processed within 21days of the IRS e-file acceptance.
- Mailed by paper: This process is slightly longer as it is between 6-8 weeks from the time date your tax return was received by the IRS.
You can now easily update your direct deposit using the GET MY PAYMENT tool on the IRS website, all you need is your account number and your bank routing number.
If you don’t pay your tax you are likely to face two different penalties based on the reason why you failed to pay them. When you fail to file your tax you get a penalty of 5% interest on the omitted tax for each month the tax is due up to 25% in total. When you file them but fail to pay them you face a penalty of 0.5% of the due amount for every month your tax is due.
You must first understand that this differs from one state to another and it is determined by the type of form you intend to file. You should log into IRS.gov click on FILE then INDIVIDUAL then WHERE TO FILE, then you will be provided with a list of states then choose your preferred location, and also be provided with the appropriate location based on your form type.