- Address: 1835 Assembly St.Columbia, SC 29201
- GPS: 34.008744,-81.040186
- Phone: 803-312-7900, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-south-carolina
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Columbia like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Columbia accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1214 Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1214 Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1302 Charlotte, NC 28201-1302|
This building has beefed up security measures. All public visitors must pass through several stages of electronic security equipment. Visitors might be asked to take off shoes for security inspection. A government issued valid ID is mandatory for gaining access to the building and the confirmation of appointment.
All public visitors must take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
Finding a place to park inside the Federal Building premises might be difficult. There are metered parking streets nearby, some commercial parking lots/garages as well. Matthew Perry Garage is a commercial parking location just across the block.
Popular questions at Columbia, 29201
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
- By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN, or EIN.
If you want to know how much you owe the IRS, you could do this by using any of the four methods mentioned below.
- By using the IRS only platform at IRS.gov
- By giving the IRS a call
- Mailing the IRS and
- Talking to a tax debt professional.
When you change your business location you can also do this with the IRS with the use of form 882-B. You can also use this form when changing your mailing address or the parties responsible for your business.
It depends on the means which you used to file for a refund.
- E-Filed: When you file for a tax refund electronically with a direct deposit, your refund will be processed within 21days of the IRS e-file acceptance.
- Mailed by paper: This process is slightly longer as it is between 6-8 weeks from the time date your tax return was received by the IRS.
Once you are logged into the IRS website using IRS.gov you can click on the PAYMENT tool and you’ll be giving a list of payment options which includes Bank payment (Direct pay), and Debit card or credit card options.