- Address: 1101 Court St, Lynchburg, VA 24504, USA
- GPS: 37.4118719,-79.1427545
- Phone: 434-209-6259, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-virginia
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Lynchburg like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Lynchburg accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
The office has on-premises parking facility, which may or may not be available. There are parking spaces available at the shopping malls and grocery stores nearby, like valley Mart, Virginia ABC and Lynchburg Community Market. Metered parking streets are available within walking distance.
Popular questions at Lynchburg, 24504
How do I change my address with the IRS?
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN or EIN.
What if I owe the IRS and can’t pay?
It is advisable to file your tax return at when due and pay as much as you can. Also, you can call the IRS on 1-800-829-1040 to discuss with them about other payment options like paying on installments and short-term extension on payment to prevent penalties or interests.
What days does the IRS deposit refunds?
For your payments, the IRS now deposits within any business day of the week i.e. Monday through to Friday (except on holidays).
How do I pay the IRS?
Once you are logged into the IRS website using IRS.gov you can click on the PAYMENT tool and you’ll be giving a list of payment options which includes Bank payment (Direct pay), and Debit card or credit card options.
When will I get my stimulus checks IRS?
The IRS will start your payment of stimulus check beginning from April, you’ll only benefit from this first group if you are a taxpayer with a direct deposit for your bank account filed with the IRS.
If you are among the second wave of people who will receive the stimulus check you must provide your direct banking account go to the IRS by using the GET PAYMENT TOOL and it will be received during the latter part of April.
If you belong to the category of adult social security retirement, survivor, and disability insurance you do not need to file for a stimulus check as you’ll automatically receive a direct bank deposit around the end of April.