- Address: 1242 Fourier Dr.Ste. 200Madison, WI 53717
- GPS: 43.0842909,-89.5278669
- Phone: 608-421-7898, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-wisconsin
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 1 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Madison like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Madison accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
Popular questions at Madison, 53717
When is the IRS accepting tax returns?
There is no official date when the IRS will commence acceptance of your e-file tax returns, but from research findings from large taxpayers, it is proposed to be around 25th January 2021.
For your mail-in paper tax return IRS will start accepting as early as January 1st, 2021. The deadline for filing the tax return for the year 2020 will be Wednesday, April 15th, 2021.
What happens if you owe the IRS money and don’t pay?
If you don’t pay your tax you are likely to face two different penalties based on the reason why you failed to pay them. When you fail to file your tax you get a penalty of 5% interest on the omitted tax for each month the tax is due up to 25% in total. When you file them but fail to pay them you face a penalty of 0.5% of the due amount for every month your tax is due.
When will the IRS start processing paper returns?
If you have already filed your tax return the IRS will start its processing in the order with which they have been filed.
How to update direct deposit with IRS?
You can now easily update your direct deposit using the GET MY PAYMENT tool on the IRS website, all you need is your account number and your bank routing number.
How do I change my address with the IRS?
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN or EIN.