- Address: 200 Sheffield St.Mountainside, NJ 07092
- GPS: 40.6847481,-74.338127
- Phone: 908-301-2112, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-new-jersey
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:15-1:15 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:15-1:15 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:15-1:15 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:15-1:15 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:15-1:15 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Mountainside like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Mountainside accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
All public visitors are required to walk through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
Designated parking spaces in sufficient numbers (450 to be precise) surround this building, totaling in 3 acres of parking area.
Popular questions at Mountainside, 7092
Irrespective of how early you file your tax return from the year 2020, the IRS will not commence processing until January 25th, 2021. Your tax refunds will also go through the standard processing time for e-filed tax returns of about 21days and also about 12 weeks for mailed-in paper tax returns.
When you intend to mail the IRS, the mail address will depend on your location and this can be found by going to IRS.gov FILE INDIVIDUAL and WHERE TO MAIL.
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN or EIN.
When you submit your tax return using the e-file option it takes about 24-48 hours to get a “Refund received” status and about 21 days to get a “Return approved” status. For returns filed by paper mail, you get a “Return received” status in about 4 weeks and a “Return approved” status within 6-8 weeks.
If you don’t pay your tax you are likely to face two different penalties based on the reason why you failed to pay them. When you fail to file your tax you get a penalty of 5% interest on the omitted tax for each month the tax is due up to 25% in total. When you file them but fail to pay them you face a penalty of 0.5% of the due amount for every month your tax is due.