- Address: 20 Washington PlaceNewark, NJ 07102
- GPS: 40.7425883,-74.1710161
- Phone: 973-645-5543, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-new-jersey
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 1-2 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 1-2 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 1-2 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 1-2 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 1-2 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Newark like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Newark accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
All public visitors are required to walk through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is mandatory to confirm identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
This office does not provide on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this office. However, the office compound is surrounded by parking meters in all directions. Also, Edison ParkFast is just across the street on south, it is a parking garage.
Popular questions at Newark, 7102
Once you are logged into the IRS website using IRS.gov you can click on the PAYMENT tool and you’ll be giving a list of payment options which includes Bank payment (Direct pay), and Debit card or credit card options.
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
- By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN, or EIN.
The IRS will process your paper return as soon as they are filed on a basis of first come first serve.
You should go to IRS.gov and click on the view payment toll. This process is totally free and you can also view other payment histories as far back as 18 months.
There is no official date when the IRS will commence acceptance of your e-file tax returns, but from research findings from large taxpayers, it is proposed to be around 25th January 2021.
For your mail-in paper tax return IRS will start accepting as early as January 1st, 2021. The deadline for filing the tax return for the year 2020 will be Wednesday, April 15th, 2021.