- Address: 1555 Poydras St.New Orleans, LA 70112
- GPS: 29.95284,-90.079155
- Phone: 504-558-3344, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-louisiana
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in New Orleans like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in New Orleans accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1214 Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1214 Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1302 Charlotte, NC 28201-1302|
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment at several points. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
Although this building has an on-premises parking lot, finding a spot could be difficult. Visitor may use the adjacent street parking, or the two commercial parking facilities nearby Merit Parking and Go Park.
Popular questions at New Orleans, 70112
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
- By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN, or EIN.
When you change your business location you can also do this with the IRS with the use of form 882-B. You can also use this form when changing your mailing address or the parties responsible for your business.
If you have already filed your tax return the IRS will start its processing in the order with which they have been filed.
If you don’t pay your tax you are likely to face two different penalties based on the reason why you failed to pay them. When you fail to file your tax you get a penalty of 5% interest on the omitted tax for each month the tax is due up to 25% in total. When you file them but fail to pay them you face a penalty of 0.5% of the due amount for every month your tax is due.
To get the stimulus check you need to visit the IRS.gov site and click on GET MY PAYMENT. Using this tool as a tax filer will require you to verify your identity by answering some security questions. For non-tax filers, click on the ENTER PAYMENT INFO HERE Tool to register for payment and you can check your payment status using your GET MY PAYMENT TOOL. Finally, if you are a recipient of SSA-1O9, RRB-1099, or VA benefits you are not required to fill any form of registration, just click on the GET PAYMENT TOOL.