- Address: 2001 Butterfield Rd.Downers Grove, IL 60515
- GPS: 41.8297304,-88.0326771
- Phone: 630-493-5291, 844-545-5640
- Website: https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-in-illinois
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 a.m.-13:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 a.m.-13:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 a.m.-13:00 p.m.)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 a.m.-13:00 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 (Closed for lunch 12:00 a.m.-13:00 p.m.)
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Office will be closed on the federal holidays.
Send To A Friend
This page includes contact information about the Internal Revenue Service in Downers Grove like street address and directions, phone number, contact email, forms, appointment and other useful information.
It helps people to file their taxes and decide all other tax issues. The IRS office in Downers Grove accepts tax payments from individuals, international taxpayers, business and self employed, give out tax refunds, inform about tax relief provisions and other.
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- E-Services Authentication
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Taxpayer Protection Program
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
|Your Form||ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT||ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT|
|1040||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040-ES||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100|
|1040-ES(NR)||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1300 Charlotte, NC 28201-1300|
|1040V||N/A||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931000 Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|1040X||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0052|
|4868||Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Kansas City, MO 64999-0045||Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 931300 Louisville, KY 40293-1300|
All public visitors are required to pass through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued ID to the security personnel is mandatory. Turning off cellphones is mandatory inside the IRS Office.
All public visitors must take appointments at least 1 week prior to visiting this office, by calling the number provided above.
Esplanade I has a 5-storied parking facility and separate executive garages. Parking may not be free, but finding a visitors’ spot will not be very difficult. Commercial parking lots are available nearby as well.
Popular questions at Downers Grove, 60515
The IRS will process your paper return as soon as they are filed on a basis of first come first serve.
You can change your address with the IRS using several methods:
- By using your new address when you file a tax return.
- By sending a written statement of the address change indicating your full name, old address, new address, and your social security number, ITIN OR EIN.
- By using the 8822- FORM
By placing a direct call to the IRS and informing them verbally. You must be able to provide the customer representative with your full name, date of birth, new address, old address, social security number, ITIN or EIN.
To check for your IRS refund you’ll need your social security number(SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), your filing status, and your exact refund amount. You need to input this information into MY REFUND TOOL on the IRS.gov site or the IRSGo mobile app. It is usually updated every 24 hours.
To get the stimulus check you need to visit the IRS.gov site and click on GET MY PAYMENT. Using this tool as a tax filer will require you to verify your identity by answering some security questions. For non-tax filers, click on the ENTER PAYMENT INFO HERE Tool to register for payment and you can check your payment status using your GET MY PAYMENT TOOL. Finally, if you are a recipient of SSA-1O9, RRB-1099, or VA benefits you are not required to fill any form of registration, just click on the GET PAYMENT TOOL.
Once you are logged into the IRS website using IRS.gov you can click on the PAYMENT tool and you’ll be giving a list of payment options which includes Bank payment (Direct pay), and Debit card or credit card options.